Big store? Little store? Medium store? Every outlet has its own unique display challenges – but our expert retail team can help you choose the right point-of-sale visuals for your space.
When designing the interior of your store to appeal to customers – and to encourage them to make purchases – matters such as branding, use of colour and sales messages are obviously important. But it’s also vital to consider how to make the most of the size and shape of your retail space.
If you have a store the size of a football pitch, visitors literally won’t know which way to turn unless you give them some encouragement. This might include wayfinding signage, attractive displays to draw them deeper and visual indicators which break the space into manageable sections.
On the other hand, if your store is small, it needs to be perfectly formed, so that your customers don’t simply give it a quick glance and leave again. You need to create a place they want to stay in and experience, even if there isn’t much physical exploring to do.
Dress your store for success
There are lots of visual merchandising tools you can use to help customers digest and enjoy your retail space.
For a smaller store, this might include:
- Digitally-printed wallpaper in a bespoke design, to immerse visitors in the world of your brand or evoke particular feelings. As it’s self-adhesive, it’s easy to install and remove whenever you want to refresh your space.
- Fabric frame displays to line the walls, combining high-quality graphics with accessories such as screens and shelves, to display your products and services efficiently.
- Free standing display units (FSDUs) such as a tiered counter-top display unit or tray, to make the most of available space.
While for a larger store, you might also opt for:
- Free standing fabric walls to break up the space and create different ‘zones’, which are easy to move when needed. The graphics can also be changed without fuss, as our tension fabric system (TFS) uses slim aluminium frames that are flexible and lightweight.
- Window vinyl to make the best of large areas of glass both outside and inside the store, including staircases and internal display areas.
- Pop-up totem display units – part of our FSDU range – which can be placed in strategic locations to direct customers and communicate sales messages
And remember, if your store has any particular restrictions that you need to consider, don’t hesitate to ask our experts for advice. Most of our products are cleverly designed to be easy to transport and install by your store staff – but if you need support for large-scale projects, our specialist fitters can help.