Which retail presentation choices will help your store stand out this summer? We combine popular trends with common sense to give your customers a warm welcome.
The consumer shopping experience takes on an entirely new character in the summer months, from families stocking up for holidays, to office workers venturing out at lunchtimes to soak up a few rays.
This also means a new realm of opportunities for retailers to celebrate the warmest season – and, of course, inspire customers to make timely purchases.
So… is your store bright and breezy, ready for summer? Or is it looking more like the bleak midwinter?
If the latter, let us help you with a few ideas…
Make your POS relevant to the season
It sounds obvious, but a few touches of sunshine in your point-of-sale displays can make a huge difference to the feel of your store.
Whether you opt for a beach theme or a festival vibe, you can match your décor to the display of your most summer-friendly products and services.
- Consider your colours – According to Vogue, colour trends for summer 2018 include elegant lavender, the intense pink of rapture rose and Pantone’s colour of the year, ultra violet. Also expected to be popular are sky blue, light green, military green, milk white, chocolate brown, bright yellow and tomato red. There’s certainly no shortage of options to complement your brand.
- Get creative – Flowers, grassy textures, large-format fabric graphics featuring summer landscapes and seascapes… transform your retail space into a holiday haven.
- Build a summer atmosphere – In your use of imagery and props, consider barbecues, picnics, beach towels, buckets and spades, outdoors games… all the things your customers associate with long, light days and balmy nights. Relaxed music will also encourage your customers to think about summer purchases.
DISCOVER MORE ABOUT POS DISPLAYS >
Choose the best summer promotions
If you sell seasonal merchandise, it’s vital to refresh your promotions and displays. Images, branding messages and colours of your choice can be applied to a wide range of presentation options to help them attract customers.
We especially recommend:
- Easy-assembly free standing display units (FSDUs) for lightweight products such as sunglasses and summer snacks
- Medium-term FSDUs for beauty products, beach towels and clothes
- Counter-top display units for summer jewellery and small souvenirs
- POS stacking cubes featuring messages to promote summer offers, which could be placed on garden furniture and other large products
- Dump bins for high-volume sales items such as sunscreen and beach footballs
Summer is popularly considered to include the months of June, July and August – but in reality, people are already thinking about warm-weather purchases, especially after some hot weekends in April and May.
Would you like to chat to us about summer display ideas for your store? If you have multiple outlets, we can also help with regional and national roll-outs. Just ask our expert retail team.