At Cestrian, we’ve always taken responsibility for our environmental impact and look for ways to implement sustainable operational practices. From the energy we use, to the recycling of materials, lots of small improvements and efficiencies can really add up to a better future for all.
Carbon Offsetting with Make it Wild
Unavoidably, our production processes leave a carbon footprint. So, to combat this, we have bought trees through Make it Wild which will offset 100 tonnes of carbon – an average SME’s annual carbon emissions.
Planting trees is a perfect way to offset our carbon footprint as trees absorb cardon dioxide in their timber through photosynthesis. We’re proud that these trees will also be helping nature now and in the future from their home at Bank Woods, Summerbridge, North Yorkshire.
What else we are doing…why don’t you try these things too?
Around our site we’re also:
- Adding water saving bags in our toilet cisterns – using less water with every flush!
- Removing plastic milk cartons and replacing with glass reusable bottles
- Improving our waste recycling signage on site, to ensure that all material types are put in the correct disposal units making them easier and quicker to recycle
- Recycling more polyester and PVC through our new partnership with Blue Castle Waste Management
- Investigating LED lighting options to reduce energy usage across the office and factory
- Reducing electricity usage by identifying wasteful practices and using monitoring devices on our machinery
- Reviewing materials used to identify suitable recyclable alternatives
Find out more
We’re continuously looking for new ways to be energy efficient and kinder to the environment, so if you’d like to find out more about our sustainable commitments, please contact us.