The 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) is being hosted in Glasgow from 31st October to 12th November 2021. COP26 stands for ‘Conference of the Parties’ and it refers to the decision-making body of United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). The conference is an opportunity for experts to come together to agree on coordinated action to tackle climate change.
But we can’t just rely on world leaders and experts to tackle climate change – we all have a part to play. Individuals, communities, schools, and businesses must all work together to protect our planet to create more sustainable future for us all.
At Cestrian we recognise the impact that our business has on the environment and it is imperative that we do the right thing. We are an action and results oriented business in everything we do and are always looking for ways to ‘make a difference’.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
There are several goals set to be achieved at COP26 and Cestrian are already working towards these through a number of initiatives. Here is what we are already on…
- We work with a waste management partner who calculates our carbon offsetting though our recycling. So far in 2021, we have saved 144 tonnes of carbon.
- We have also planted trees through Make it Wild this year, offsetting an additional 100 tonnes of carbon.
- All teams proactively work with customers and suppliers to reduce carbon at every touchpoint from; optimising regular print projects to; producing bespoke packaging – both resulting in less waste and leaner deliveries. Or combining customer logistics and re-reeling material onsite to reduce vehicle loads.
PROTECTING OUR NATURAL HABITATS
- We send 0% waste to landfill and have done this since 2015.
- All our paper and paper-based products are sourced from FSC certified forests.
- Packaging for all our clients is 100% recyclable and made from recyclable products. Including component parts such as paper-based tape, PVC-free bubble wrap, tubing, strapping and cable ties.
- Any PVC waste is recycled into new products.
RESPONSIBLE REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
At Cestrian, we are continuously looking for new ways to improve the efficiency of our production and business processes throughout our supply chain to ease pressure on the environment. We’re incredibly proud of the work we have done to date on reducing our environmental impact, we:
- Continually measure and report on our sustainable goals
- Train our teams on responsible waste management
- Educate our customers on sustainable print options
- Report our waste figures each quarter and display the results on a dedicated page on our website.