Due to the unprecedented escalation and disruption by the coronavirus in the UK and all over Europe, we would like to inform you about the current status at Cestrian and at our parent company ARIAN Group as follows:
▪ The ARIAN Group has two separate production sites which operate at a similar technical level. Neither in our headquarters (including production in Gleisdorf, Austria), nor at Cestrian, our second production site in Manchester, UK, has a suspicious case been reported to date and no employee has been diagnosed with the coronavirus infection so far.
▪ Both production sites are fully operational. Production and logistics are currently running without any restrictions.
▪ Together with our material suppliers, we are constantly checking to see if there are any delays in the supply chain. At present, we have not yet been notified of any delays that are to be expected, therefore no restrictions on production are to be expected.
▪ The Austrian Government has taken decisive measures to combat further spread of the coronavirus and also with the UK, we are awaiting the next stage of Direction from the Government. In the ARIAN Group, internal measures were taken and implemented as soon as the first cases occurred in Austria and the United Kingdom – in order to prevent staff from being infected and to safeguard production capacities. As a result, we consider ourselves well prepared for the coming days and weeks and will continue to take all necessary measures to keep the risk in our production sites as low as possible.
▪ Your contacts at Cestrian are still available as usual for all questions and information by telephone and e-mail. In exercising our duty of care as an employer, and as one of the many preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection, we may over the coming days implement home working for team members where practical. We will advise if this goes ahead and ask for your support if response times are slightly delayed.
Further developments are difficult to foresee. Should there be any effects on production in the next few weeks, we will inform each affected business partner immediately. In principle, however, we consider ourselves well equipped and prepared with our two production sites and the protective measures already taken.
For all open questions we are of course at your disposal at any time.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Cestrian Team